Come out, it is a great time to play golf and enjoy the outdoors. The fairways and greens are recovering from the summer and the golf course will be improving each day. The temperature is perfect and soon the fall colors will be evident.
Calendar of Golf Events
September 24,25 KCC Ryder Cup-Course will not closed-check with pro shop for play instructions. You still time to sign up!!!!
October 3 High School girls sectional tournament-Course will not closed-check with pro shop for play instructions.
Sectional Girls Golf: Can you help? Emily Turnbull/Powell needs spotters, scorekeepers and other assistance. Please sign up in the pro shop or contact Emily-she is at the course weekdays after 3pm. The meet starts at 9am and should be done by 2pm.
Thursday September 22, You chose the main entree-limited number of each
Ham Steak, fried new potatoes, salad, and dessert. $8.75
8 ounce ribeye steak, fried new potatoes, salad and dessert. $10.50
Monday, Tuesday, and Friday 11am to 7pm
Thursday 10am to midnight
Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday 10am to 7pm
2016 KCC RYDER CUP
Saturday September 24 and Sunday September 25
- sleeve of balls
- lunch between rounds on Saturday
- snacks after round on Sunday
- gift certificates for winners
Saturday 9am first round shotgun start best ball
Saturday 1:30pm second round shotgun start alternate shot
Sunday 10am tee times singles matches
Limited number of entries, entries close on Thursday September 22 at 2pm
Entry $40 per player
USGA SUGGESTIONS FOR PICKING UP THE PACE OF PLAY
- Play forward-play from a set of tees where you can hit lofted irons into greens in regulation.
- Play ready golf on the tee-skip honors-hit a provisional if you might be out of bounds.
- Don’t walk off distances-use a yardage maker in the fairway or on the cart paths.
- Plan your shot when approaching your shot before it is your turn to play.
- Keep your pre-shot routine short.
- When sharing a cart walk to your ball with a few clubs while your cartmate hits.
- Be helpful in your group-watch all shots, fill in divots or rake a bunker for another player and be ready to tend the flag stick
- Prior to your time to putt lift and clean your ball and read your putt. Be ready to putt when it is your turn.
- Equitable stroke control allows you to pick up once you have reached the allowable score for a hole for handicap.
- Don’t have time for 18? Play 9-when it comes to golf nine is better than none.